olol
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Application] Linny

2 posters

Go down

[Application] Linny Empty [Application] Linny

Post  Linny Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:45 pm

Explanation: I'm not applying to be a GM. I want to be a coder for this server. Your current coder (well, the one that coded the skill.wz) made a few mistakes, and I believe that I can fix them. Also, I've noticed how this server has a ton of potential, but is lacking something that sets it aside from others using ThePack Revision 80. Also, you're a quite a bit behind when it comes to custom NPCs (see Koopa Repack Packet 4, it's LOADED). I could help you with this as well.

Name: Jasmine Lin

In-game Name: Linny

Time zone and/or active hours: Varies from day to day. However, I do have a night job, and that could affect this (Pacific Time, if you must know)

How long have you played Pacific MS: Not very long, only a few days.

Experience ( Being a maplestory staff member ): For one, I have hosted several of my own servers. Initially, I had started last year (with SeanSourcev5.X, and ending with SeanSourcev5.9) and I had that server up and running for a few months before we (I) was shut down by Nexon. Also, I've been GMs and/or Coders on other servers, however they soon closed/got shut down as well. Since then, I've developed a fondness for smaller servers, as they seem to stay up for a longer time before the inevitable shutdown. As a GM, things got boring quickly. I couldn't maintain a legit without having to do events every-so-often, so on this server, I'd like to remain a legit player, just one who helps out with coding every once in a while.

Why do you want to be a GM Coder: I want to be a coder for the simple reason that I believe that I can help server. To be blunt and truthful, this server is lacking in a few departments (namely, things that set it apart from the plethora of other private servers), and I can help out with that (see first paragraph).

How will you contribute to the well being of this server?: (See above and first paragraph, also wording of well being is used in a very awkward context)

Additional Information: As you may already have noticed, I'm a slight linguist. I'm an English major and a philosophical minor. With that, I can bring a very professional edge on the server while writing NPC dialogue (literally, what they say. You wouldn't want mistakes/typos and incorrect grammar functions on a NPC, would you?) and NPC scripting. As I have mentioned above, I have a night job that could either negatively or positively affect my position (considering time availability). Aside from that, there's not much to say.

Additional Information (Trivial): My real name is Jasmine Lin, but most people just call me either Jazz(y) or Linny. I've been playing Maplestory for several years now, starting from a few months after MS went public after Beta. Also, I do enjoy forum surfing, so I may AFK ingame a bit, but only to help people on the server.

Conclusion: I'd like to thank you for taking the time and effort to read my application. I know that it's not what you expected, but I hoped that if I wasn't so conformist, I might attract your attention Very Happy.

-Linny :3

Linny

Back to top Go down

[Application] Linny Empty Re: [Application] Linny

Post  Admin Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:39 pm

I was actually going to ask you if you would like to be a GM since I saw you helping out a few people around the server which helps make the staffs' jobs a bit easier. But if i understand you correctly, you would only like to be a coder which is totally fine by me, with that being said, your application is accepted. Just reply back on this post if you have an MSN or anything so we can discuss server improvements and whatnot since we no longer use Hamachi.

Admin
Admin

https://pacificfail.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Linny Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:35 pm

Thank you. You can contact me at jazz.lin@live.com

Simply add me on MSN or drop me an email and I'll be glad to start helping.

Linny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down